DELHI COUTURE WEEK-DAY 1. JJ VALAYA & VARUN BAHL

I know I am too late for posting this.But lack of time is the reason behind it. anyways,I am going to give my honest reviews about both the shows of the DCW. I know my audience. They are people who are just new to fashion and fashion shows. So I think you guys might not be knowing much about all this.Here is a little information.

1.WHAT IS DELHI COUTURE WEEK?

The ‘Synergy One Delhi Couture Week in association with Aircel’ is a unique platform to showcase the best in Indian couture designs. 
The event is an effort to recreate that magic blended with contemporary art to feature some of the most distinct collections on the ramp. These designs from the most prestigious designers of the country promise to delight all fashion enthusiasts and create never seen before moments. 


2.FOR HOW MANY DAYS DOES THE COUTURE WEEK LAST AND WHO ARE THE DESIGNERS?

The couture week had 11 designers spread to showcase their collection in 5 days.
DAY 1- JJ VALAYA & VARUN BAHL
DAY 2- ASHIMA- LEENA, ANAMIKA KHANNA & GAURAV GUPTA
DAY 3- ANJU MODI & MANISH ARORA
DAY 4- SHANTANU & NIKHIL AND MANISH MALHOTRA
DAY 5- MANAV GANGWANI & SABYASACHI


Now a review on both the shows of DAY 1:

JJ VALAYA-

When I hear the name JJ VALAYA, all that comes to my mind is royalty! And obviously he did not leave his signature style (royalty) in this collection. His collection was dominated by embroideries & motifs. His collection was called 'AZRAK'. Its a turkish term and means 'rare & uncommon'. If you think he went with the title, he din't. His collection was great and beautiful and royal and what not. But it was no rare and uncommon. It was typical JJ VALAYA. The rich embroideries and heavy work was all there as usual. 
Any bride would love wearing his collection (only if they had this kind of money).

What I feel after seeing the collection was if brides like really heavy work and royalty,go for it.

This collection shows that rich fabrics are a must for wedding. Brides to be chose any lehenga or saree or suit with velvet fabric and work and sherwani for men with nice jardozi work.
Colour palette was no different. The same old gold,red,maroon,black.




I loved the setting and music and the lights. I would specially like to mention that I loved the choreography
So do watch the video!


2. VARUL BAHL-

Frankly, I did not expect a lot from VARUN BAHL. But this guy surprised me. His collection was not the cliched Indian wear. The collection showed Indian garments with modernism. Where all the designers used rich and heavy fabrics, Mr. Bahl went the sheer way. I would not suggest any bride to wear it on their wedding day. Cos I feel its a little too light for a wedding. But for other functions, I think nothing better than wearing this collection! The blues, blacks, pastels, reds, i loved all the colours and the use of net and subtle embroideries.

Brides can wear the collection for every function except the wedding. The people who are attending weddings should definitely go for it. If I had to attend my brother's or sister's wedding(& also if I had that kind of money), I would go in for Varun Bahl.

To sum it up, It was 'elegance personified'!












                                                                                For PR requests or any query shoot me a mail at itsnotjustfashion@gmail.com
                                                                                                                           You can also find me on facebook - HERE
                                                                                                                                                    & on twitter- HERE



      

Labels: , ,