DELHI COUTURE WEEK-DAY 2 & 3


The DCW 2012 Day 2 showcased 3 designers Ashima-Leena,Anamika Khanna & Gaurav Gupta. All the three showed different kinds of collections.

 DAY 2-ASHIMA-LEENA:

This collection has been aptly named ‘Raag Rattan’ by the legendary celebrated Sufi singer Zila Khan, whose melodious and meserizing voice will enthrall the audience while bringing alive the soul of this collection. What beautiful music. I loved the idea of live singing in the show. The show stopper was Sharmila Tagore looking all pretty. These garments could be worn for the various wedding functions. Use of brocade,zardozi, beautiful embellishments and crystals. The use of shimmer was such a turn off. It made the garment look a little cheap. Else the collection was good.



ANAMIKA KHANNA:

What can I say, I loved her collection. She chose her favourite colour palette, i.e black and ivory. We also saw shades of blues and pastles. Amazing collection,great music. We finally could see jacket blouses, beautiful gold wire embroideries and differently tied sarees (what people call it chotu saree) and gararas. The fabric was so elegant with the use of nets and sheer. Major love!






GAURAV GUPTA:

I cannot comment on his collection. What the hell was he thinking? I plainly despise the collection. Have a look for yourself!





DAY 3- ANJU MODI-

I loved her collection. Her collection was no different from other designers. The colour palette she chose was also the common colour palette of all the designers. The best thing about the show was that the eternally beautiful MADHURI DIXIT NENE was the show stopper. Can I say she is not allowed to look this pretty and make me feel bad. Stunning!




MANISH ARORA:


I'm sure all of us must have had high hopes with this guy. And he led everybody down by showcasing something exactly what he had shown last year. Even if it was fresh, I did not like it that much. I liked few pieces, but not the entire collection.I loved the colours and detailing. I am loving the use of aqua blue shades in the embroideries and the fabric.






                                                                                For PR requests or any query shoot me a mail at itsnotjustfashion@gmail.com
                                                                                                                           You can also find me on facebook - HERE
                                                                                                                                                    & on twitter- HERE