Fitness and me!

I have a huge excuse for not blogging. And somehow I dont find it unreasonable at all. To write about style and fashion I need to be inspired. And frankly in Hyderabad there is no inspiration at all! Anyways, I have been contemplating whether to write this post or not. I mean you read the title, its about FITNESS for God's sake! As you have seen my pictures, you know I am not fit at all. Infact I am not even close to being fit.

Frankly I wasn't bothered about fitness or weight loss or acne. I am was that kind of girl. I wouldn't say I was happy, but I was content. But then life took few unexpected turns and made me realise a hell lot of things. It made me realise my own worth. I realised how ignorant I was regarding my ownself. How selfless I was with myself. I knew I had to do something about it, it was high time.

I din't want anything major happening in life(like losing 20 kgs in 4 months). I have major hormonal imbalances and reducing this much weight easily was not an option for me.When I decided to start working out, I knew its a long road, and the process is going to be slow. I had to be patient and motivated. I am listing a few things which helped me start.

1.MOTIVATION:

I am not the person who can be motivated easily. I needed negative motivation. I convinced myself saying that I am a loser who cannot be bothered to love herself. Frankly this is how I started! I kept looking at myself in the mirror, checked my weight almost everyday. Saw all the pretty clothes which wouldn't look good on me with all the weight but would look good once I lose weight.My parents gave me a hell lot of negative motivation too. So all in all negative motivation was my go to factor.

2. BALANCED DIET:

I was in hostel for 4 years which means lots of junk and unhealthy food. I did not do any sort of crash dieting   or even detox diet. I started slow. I started with avoiding junk completely. By completely I mean not even once a week Then I started with cutting down on ghee,oil and cheese and them moved on to avoiding carbs as much as possible. Then I consulted a dietician who consulted me to cut my meals into 8 small meals. It was difficult when I started, but then I got used to it. She also advised me to include more fruits and vegetables in the diet to avoid weakness. One major tip, AVOID CARBS AT NIGHT. Its a little difficult, but I am getting there.

3. WORKOUT:

I am not the person who can lose weight by just dieting. It doesn't help. Dieting only prevents my body from gaining weight, it doesn't help me lose the 22 years of fat I have stored in my body. So I knew I would have to slog my ass off to lose the over and extra meat in my body. And of course I hate going to the gym. I mean come on who likes it. But I love dancing. I cannot express how much I love dancing. So instead of going to the gym, I started with ZUMBA. While warming up, we do basic exercises. And per session of zumba helped me lose 700 calories, which I think for a starter is pretty decent. Zumba was followed by joining Bollywood dance. So I dance 6 days a week. And that made me lose weight, which in turn helped me gain muscle mass. And the result is my stamina has boosted so much. And from the mid of next month I ll be joining gym to tone my body.

4. COMPLIMENTS:

I complimented myself on losing weight. I appreciated myself for atleast trying if not achieving the goal completely. What also helped me was telling people. I kept bragging to my friends about my weight loss which made me so happy and motivated me to lose more and more. In return my friends keep asking me all the time about my weight loss which motivates me to lose more, so I could brag a li'l more ;).


The above things mentioned was my experience on how by doing small things made me lose little weight. I am not saying it helps a lot. But every small thing counts and the first step is to start. Once you start losing weight, you would actually do things which you wouldn't do before like going to the gym or skip eating dessert.

So these small tips and tricks helped me lose 16 kgs in 9 months. Its not too much, but its SOMETHING! Its a slow and easy process. I need to lose another 15-20 kgs to get a decent body and I have given myself 10 months time to do that.

My next goal is to lose another 5 kgs by 17 sep (my birthday). Difficult? I don't think so!

I am going to do this everyday to lose weight. A small fact and inspiration-




If my story has motivated you in any way, do tell me. And if you have a similar story please share with us.




                                                                    For PR requests or any query shoot me a mail at itsnotjustfashion@gmail.com
                                                                                                                    You can also find me on facebook - HERE
                                                                                                                                              & on twitter- HERE




Labels: , ,